Friday, May 24, 2013

Challenge !

Please write a blogpost about a major academic hurdle/challenge you have faced during college. Describe the challenge, how did youovercome it? Or, how do you plan to overcome it?




This is my second time in college , the first time was back in 2008 I attended John jay college for criminal justice after one short month of school I dropped out. I was never a big fan of school , especially when I was in high school. I rarely ever attended my sophomore and junior years of high school, everyone older than me warned me I was making a huge mistake but being as hard headed and stubborn as I am I never chose to listen. I thought I had everything figured out.  I couldn't have been more wrong. Which brings me to my major academic  challenge I have been faced with ,since starting my first two semesters back in college. In every one of my classes , I find myself feeling extremely dumb. There is so much common knowledge that the other college students have that I lack. Such as history dates, English terminology and most importantly math problems. I find myself faced with the lack of so much knowledge that I should already have , most times I have to do double the work due to not knowing this important information. I haven't necessarily overcome this academic challenge as of yet , but I am working towards completing just that. I currently am working on over coming this challenge by staying focused on school completing as much work as I possibly can and allowing myself the opportunity to gain as much knowledge now that I am back in school as I possibly can. Trust me it is not easy at all. Most days I want to just give up , but then I stop and realize Im in my predicament now due to giving up on my education and that is a mistake that I refuse to make again. I will be working my behind off to finish my degree at Lauguardia community college. I will not give up until I accomplish just that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment